Starting with my second recipe, Yet another one among the most common dishes from the North Indian Restaurant Menu, but fellas trust me this version of Mattar Mushroom is much lighter for your health and of course your pocket too still its rich on nutrient value.what makes this recipe different from the standard Mattar Mushroom recipe is there is no Chilli powder/ green chilli / garam masala used in this recipe. Ingredients :
- 100 gm Mattar (green peas)
- 100 gm Babycorn
- 200gm Mushrooms
- 2 big tomatoes or Tomato puree – 3 spoon
- 1 big onion
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic
- small piece of ginger
- 1 spoon olive oil ( Mustard oil, refined oil or ghee can also be used if you don’t want to use Olive Oil )
- 1/2 spoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 spoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves for garnishing is option.
Preparation:Wash all your vegetables thoroughly while you are going ahead with the preparation, Being a working women, i normally prefer to do the chopping and the entire preparation while the dish is in making, but still to help you organize the ingredients in advance here it goes Chop mushroom in small cutting each mushroom in 4-5 pieces, chop babycorn in fine pieces by length or in circles by width( in the pictures i have chopped it by width), finely chop onion, garlic and ginger to very fine pieces. if you using tomato then make a puree of the tomatoes. So here you go : Take a nonstick pan ( even a normal pan will do, but non stick pan is preferred), put it on flame and Ad Olive oil, when the oil is good to go, add finely chopped onion, garlic and ginger. Keep stiring till it turns brown, now add turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt as per taste. mix it well for 10 seconds, Add Tomato puree and stir it well for 5 minutes.Now add Green peas, Mushroom and Babycorn. put the lid , after 3 minutes check it add around 50 ml of water and put the lid back again and let it cook. after every 5 minutes add 50ml water and mix it well – repeat this at least thrice. Check if the Mushroom and babycorn is cooked. If yes, then your Dish is ready. Good thing about this Recipe
- This is a kid friendly recipe so even your 1 year old can have it.
- This is good for someone who is allergic to chillies or want to avoid chilli powder in the meals.
- its an ideal dish for your foreigner friends who anyways are not used to all those spices, yet this is indian at heart
- its high on nutritional value.
Please try it and share your feedback in the comments